No Purchase Necessary to Enter or Win. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
1) Sweepstakes Description: The MetLifeâ World Baseball Classic Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins on March 10, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”)/04:59:59 AM Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) and ends on March 19, 2013 at 11:59:59 PM ET/04:59:59 AM GMT (“Promotion Period”). There will be one random drawing to award five (5) prizes.
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, Japan, South Korea and Mexico who are eighteen (18) years of age (or of the legal age of majority in their state/country of residence, whichever is older) or older on the date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Metropolitan Life Insurance Company (“Sponsor”), MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM”), the other MLB Entities (as defined below), Van Wagner Sports and Entertainment, LLC, Project Support Team, Inc. ("Administrator"), and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, governors, related entities, partners, partnerships, principals, licensees, sponsors, and advertising/promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, "Released Parties"), and the immediate family members (parent, spouse, sibling, or child, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each such employee, officer or director (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate. The "MLB Entities" shall mean MLBAM, the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, SportsOnEarth, LLC, Tickets.com, Inc., MLB Advanced Media DH, LLC, Major League Baseball Enterprises, Inc., Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., the Major League Baseball Clubs, The MLB Network, LLC, and each of their respective subsidiaries or affiliated entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Major League Baseball Clubs or the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball, and the directors, officers, employees and agents of the above entities. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void outside of the countries listed above and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
3) How To Participate: To enter, visit WorldBaseballClassic.com and click on the applicable Sweepstakes banners, buttons and/or links to access the entry form. Follow the instructions provided to fully complete and submit the entry form and receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per valid e-mail address for the duration of the Promotion Period. Additional entries received from any e-mail address beyond the specified limit will be void. In the event of any conflict between the English version of these Official Rules and any translation, the English version shall prevail. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested on the online entry form to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void. By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant gives his/her express permission to be contacted by the Administrator by telephone, e-mail, overnight delivery and/or postal mail for Sweepstakes purposes. All entries are the property of Sponsor. Each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding. Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, incomplete, misdirected, delayed, garbled, inaccurate, or undelivered entries or for telephonic, human or computer failures, problems or errors, interruptions in service due to system upgrades, repairs, modifications or other causes, failures or malfunctions of connections, satellite, network, cable, Internet Service Provider, phones, phone lines or telephone systems, traffic congestion on the internet, technical or mechanical malfunctions, or other malfunctions or errors, whether caused by equipment, programming, human error or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes, or any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or for printing, typographical, human or other errors appearing in these Official Rules or other Sweepstakes-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void any and all entries of an entrant who Sponsor or Administrator believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Sweepstakes or who is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules. The use of automated entry or similar devices, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, to participate in or subvert the entry process is prohibited and all entries through such devices are void. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, such entrant will be deemed the “authorized account holder” of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry provided he/she is otherwise eligible according to these Official Rules. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., a business, educational institution, etc.) which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof (to Administrator’s satisfaction) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Administrator. Authorized account holder must comply with these Official Rules.
4) Winner Selection: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period on/about March 25, 2013 by Administrator, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Potential winners will be notified by email, overnight delivery and/or regular mail, whichever is deemed appropriate by Administrator. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) prize per person, family or household.
5) Prizes: Only the following prizes will be awarded in the Sweepstakes. One (1) Grand Prize: A World Baseball Classic commemorative plaque. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000 USD. One (1) First Prize: World Baseball Classic autographed baseball jersey. ARV: $500 USD. Three (3) Second Prizes: One baseball used during a 2013 World Baseball Classic game. ARV: $350 USD each. All prize details to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Jersey is not game worn and will be autographed by an athlete designated by Sponsor. Actual value of autographed jersey may be different from the amount reflected above because of market fluctuations and choice of player. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded: $2,550 USD.
6) Miscellaneous: No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor who may substitute the prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Winners are responsible for all income, federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs or expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein. Potential winners may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and (where legal) Publicity Release within ten (10) days of date of issuance of notification. Non-compliance with any of the foregoing or these Official Rules, the inability to contact any potential winner as set forth in Section 4 above, any potential winner declining a prize for any reason prior to award, failure to return such documents within the specified time period, or the return of a prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and, time permitting, awarding of a prize to an alternate winner, at Administrator’s sole discretion, from among all remaining eligible entries. By entering, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and agrees that (1) Sponsor and its designees shall have the right and permission to use (unless prohibited by law) entrant’s name, voice, address (city, state and country of residence), photograph and/or other likeness for advertising, promotional, trade and/or any other purpose in any and all media or format now known or hereafter devised throughout the world, in perpetuity without limitation and without further compensation, consideration, permission or notification to entrants or any third parties; (2) Released Parties and each of their respective designees and assigns shall have no liability and will be held harmless (unless prohibited by law) for any liability, litigation, claim, action, proceeding, cost, expense, loss, injury or damage, including, without limitation, personal injury, death or damage to personal or real property to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and/or participation in this Sweepstakes (including any travel related thereto); and (3) Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor and/or MLBAM with Sponsor’s consent, reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) In the event Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. In the event of termination, Sponsor shall, at its discretion, select winners from those eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event leading to such termination. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any person and void all associated entries of any person who they believe has tampered with the entry process, or any other component of this Sweepstakes, whose conduct or actions affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or who is in violation of these Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IN ANY WAY, OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADMINISTRATOR AND/OR ITS AGENTS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK ANY AND ALL REMEDIES AVAILABLE FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
7) Arbitration: Except with respect to the protection and enforcement of the intellectual property rights of the Released Parties and their rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or equitable relief, any claim, cause of action or proceeding arising out of or relating to the these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be resolved by mandatory, binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") as supplemented by AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The arbitration shall be conducted in New York, New York, USA and the Federal Arbitration Act, and not any state or foreign law concerning arbitration, shall apply. The arbitration award shall be final and exclusive, and the prevailing party in the arbitration may file an action in court to confirm and to enforce the arbitration award. Any such action, or any claim, cause of action or proceeding not subject to arbitration as set forth in this section, shall be filed and adjudicated in a state or federal court in New York County, New York, USA and all parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of those courts. Entrants irrevocably waive any rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and any defense of forum non conveniens. Should either party pursue any other judicial or administrative action with respect to any matter included within the scope of this binding arbitration provision, the responding party will be entitled to recover its costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such action. Entrants agree that (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Official Rules or the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, other than out-of-pocket expenses. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO ALL ENTRANTS. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations or the rights and obligations of the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, USA without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, USA or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, USA.
9) Winners List: For a list of winners (available after April 30, 2013), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope for receipt by May 31, 2013 to: MetLife World Baseball ClassicWinners, P.O. Box 13106, Bridgeport, CT 06673-3106 USA.
Sponsor: Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, 200 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10166 USA.
Administrator: Project Support Team, Inc., 6 Berkshire Blvd., Bethel, CT 06801 USA.